Friday, August 11, 2006

i have nothing to write about....???

i haven't written for awhile...perhaps because i had nothing much to say, or maybe too much, i didn't know what to write. perhaps i was just enjoying the simple pleasure of day to day life, and felt that there was nothing special to write about.

i think i am wrong. there is something special in all our daily lives if we only take the time to notice it. if only we knew how to appreciate how wonderful our daily lives are, what a blessing that would be!

we fail to realise how much we take a normal day for granted until something goes wrong.

i'm so lucky that my work goes smoothly, and when i reach home, mom has a delicious meal all prepared for us. i'm so lucky when i open the fridge, there is ice-cream and fresh milk. i'm so lucky that every night when i close my eyes, i do not have to fear that it will be the last time i see the world. i 'm so lucky that every morning that greets me is filled with sunshine and birdsong and not missiles whistling their death song above my head. i am thankful that i have a job that keeps me clothed and feeds me. i may not have enough to buy diamonds or furs, but it makes me happy to have my job.

i am born chinese in a predominantly muslim society but yet i am thankful for i do not have to fear that my neighbour will turn and scream at me and accuse me of anti-patriotism...simply because our skin colour differs or because we belive in different gods.

i am lucky to have family and friends and people who knows me and loves me and accepts me for who i am...i am lucky.

perhaps if i wrote about the bountiful gifts that fills my life, i guess i will never want for another subject to write on. for life is filled with goodness, if only we know how to see it.

for everything and everyone is special, if only we were lucky enough to realise it. but u can, if u try.

have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: